Your Community College Solution

GoArmyEd TA & Military TA

Veterans Benefits


GoArmyEd TA & Military TA

If you are Active Duty Army, Reserve, or National Guard using Tuition Assistance from GoArmyEd, you must request your TA from the GoArmyEd website and as well as complete your enrollment in


If you are using Tuition Assistance from the USCG, USAF, US Navy, or USMC - Authorizations may be faxed, mailed, or emailed to Abby Kujath at


FY14 Tuition Assistance Policy


FY14 Tuition Assistance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


If you have any questions please contact


Fax:785-784-7542Attn: Business OfficeMail:Barton Community CollegeBusiness OfficePO Box 2463Fort Riley, KS 66442

Veterans Benefits

Students who are using Educational Veterans Benefits in the form of CH 30-Montgomery GI Bill, CH 33-Post 9/11, CH 35 Survivor-Dependent, CH 1606 or CH 31 Vocational Rehabilitation to cover the cost of your tuition will select this payment option. Students using CH 30, 35, 1606 (and possible CH 33) benefits must pay 25% of the total tuition.  Please view details and links below for more information on the use of your VA Benefits.


Payment can be made by phone or mail.


Phone:Barton-Fort Riley Campus Office877-620-6606Mail:Barton Community CollegeBusiness OfficePO Box 2463Fort Riley, KS 66442

All GI Bill, educational benefits are processed through the Barton Community College - Veteran Services Offices. All students wishing to use VA-education benefits must complete and submit the required documents under the chapter of benefit in which they are receiving.


Please select the information below that corresponds to your VA benefit.

Student Responsibilities
Chapter 30- Montgomery GI Bill
Chapter 33-Post 9/11
Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation
Chapter 1606- GI Bill Selected Reserve
Chapter 35-Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA)
SCO Responsibilities
Contact Certifying Official

For questions pertaining to educational entitlements, please contact or visit your Campus Veteran Services Office today.

Barton Main Campus

Services Great Bend, surrounding communities and students that are out-of-state.

Please contact Nicole Berger, VA Specialist/VA Certifying Official


Phone: 800-748-7594


Barton Fort Riley/Leavenworth Campus

Services Fort Riley, Leavenworth and surrounding communities.

Please contact Arlette Stratton, VA Certifying Official


Phone: 877-660-6606 ext. 715


It is imperative that ALL students using VA benefits at Barton, read the Barton Veteran Services website.

All documentation must be submitted before certification can occur.

MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Account)

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program is an employment assistance program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.


Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades. For more information please visit the MyCAA website or contact MyCAA at 800-342-9647.


If you have any questions please contact



Attn: Business Office


Barton Community College

Business Office

PO Box 2463

Fort Riley, KS 66442


Barton Community College